Friday 3 March 2017

What the Davies' do: 'It was a big day for this little guy!'

I'm trying something new.

I've just began running my business with a new name - Fleur Davies Photography instead of Fleur Louise Photography.  Nothing major.  My work remains the same, but it does come at a time where some new and exciting ventures are in the pipeline...

I'll get to that at another time.  For now though, I want to introduce what I hope will become a new, regular feature.

I love working for my clients, capturing the images they envisage, whether it's portraits, candid lifestyle shoots, their products or some of my own landscape, street or still life photography for them to admire on their walls.  However I do photograph a lot just for me.  I document as much of my family's life as possible.  I always have.  They are our memories frozen and I've always believed that the everyday - mundane even, images, they matter just as much a the big life events.

So the "What the Davies' do" idea was born.  My journey to a photographic artist is as much to my family's credit as it is mine.  They let me spend time capturing them.  They put up with me dragging behind on days out so that I can get the shot I want of something that has caught my eye.  They are used to my camera being whipped out at any moment.  Whether they like it or not!  Ha!!

Therefore I'm making a feature of it.  Fleur Davies Photography is so much more than me pressing some buttons on a camera - it's my life and the life of my family.  I don't want to forget where I started and where I go to grow.  Without further ado - here we go.  The first "What the Davies' do" blog...



It was a BIG day for this little guy!

He had been waiting so long.  I remember thinking that actually he was fairly late to the game with this teeth malarky; both of his sisters losing their first teeth in their foundation year of primary school.  We had thought his first tooth loss would be extremely premature after the 'smashing his face on a gate' incident in nursery.  His top front tooth is still a bit wonky, but stayed put - thankfully.

Anyway, he'd been wibbling and wobbling this bottom one for a while.  Daydreaming about the bedtime he could tuck in under his pillow inside an envelope for the tooth fairy to come and exchange it for some dosh.  And he knew that the first tooth in the Davies household is a fiver - he was already mentally spending it.  Each day he would push it one way as far as it would go, then back the other way.  Determined.

Then one afternoon at my Mum-in-law's, while he was chatting away to his Nanny - it just came out. Plop.  Right out of his mouth.  Considering it fell out of it's own accord there was a decent amount of blood.  And as I had guessed the next adult tooth was very visible underneath too.

Proud as punch would be an accurate description to his little face.  And the Tooth Fairy did come that night and he did get his fiver.  He still hasn't spent it either!  He must have big plans.

Thanks for reading - here are the visuals.  (There's some blood - sorry.)

x Fleur x 

(PS - the trick to seeing better quality versions of the images is to click on them... Cheers loves!)









No comments:

Post a Comment