Friday 24 October 2014

Just two guys catching up over a coffee. . . .

What I love about my new 50mm lens is how diddy it is.  It's so light and easy to wear, which obviously makes it seem quite discreet as kit goes when you have a DSLR.
 
My last blog was my first play around with my 'nifty fifty'.  Most of the shots taken where close up, portrait style.  So I wanted to see how it performed in settings that it's not tended to be thought of being used for.  It did not disappoint!
 
I love it's depth of field.  It's clarity.  Even an out of focus shot looks great. 
 
I decided that an afternoon that my hubby had off work would be a great chance for me to have a play - and him to have some quality time with our little fella.  Carl (the Hubby) works hard, long hours.  For the majority of the year he's out the door long before the rest of us rise.  Then he will only have a couple of hours when he gets home before the kids go off to bed.  So afternoons like this need to be captured, remembered, cherished and documented...  Off to our local Starbucks for a Mocha frap, a babychinno and a Pumpkin spice latte (OMG!  It's like Autumn in a cup!) and an impromptu pap of my two favourite guys in the world!


Ahem!... Hubs, you did read that I said "quality time with our little fella." - Get off your phone ;) On a photography note though; look at that definition and depth within the image... *swoon*


I love this shot.  I did have to stand behind the serving counter to get it.  Fortunately I'm a regular customer (did I mention that I like the Pumpkin spice latte??!) and it was a fairly quiet afternoon...

See what I mean?  Even out of focus - just LUSH!!  I love this not in focus.  It's like you're in the room, close by, but not invading their moment together.  You're a quiet spectator of the amusing expression and connection between father and son.

Depth........ DEPTH!!  J'adore!


He's finished his drink and lollipop, so time to move onto Daddy's knee.....

....... And pull funny faces.  Look at the blurred background.  *sigh*

Time for us to go get his sisters from school...  But obviously he has to do that in style - shoulder riding style!



Thanks for looking ~ Fleur








1 comment: