Monday 6 October 2014

A click off the old block.......

So my kids are used to being photographed doing anything and everything.  It's only natural then, that they would want to copy Mummy.   The birthday gift of choice for both my eldest and my middle children this year was a camera, so that they could take photos like me...  Poppi's birthday came along in March and we found a lovely little Nikon compact for her.  Not too expensive and she was turning 5, so getting really good at taking care of her things.  Oh, and it is ruby red in colour with a slight shimmer finish - winner, winner!
 
Now Poppi takes her 'Miss Click' most places (when she had remembered to charge the batteries.)  She takes pictures like it's going out of fashion.  But it was only really yesterday that her photography caught my eye.  She had taken a fantastic shot of her brother playing with one of his trains and the depth of field that she'd gotten looked brilliant.  I hadn't browsed through her gallery for a couple of weeks, so this morning I thought I'd see just how her photography is developing.  She watches me when I take photos and I talk to her about how I want things to look when I'm using my Mr Click.  I would say it's starting to rub off.  What do you think?....
 
This is the photo I mentioned.  Don't you just love it!


We visited B&Q to look at a new shower.  Poppi asked if we could go along to the lighting section.  I guess there are positives from being forced to see things from such a low down perspective. :)

Poppi put these chocolates into place.  She's been absorbing styling, obviously. Ha!...  I think she likes detail..

She's quick on the shutter!

Her composition of subjects is following rules...  It's probably how I would have taken this - the negative space surrounding the bone draws your eyes to it.  Well done Pops!
 
 
 
Thanks for looking ~ Fleur
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Poppi is a mini photographer in training. Way to go! Those are fantastic images, impressive!

    ReplyDelete