Tuesday 23 January 2018

What the Davies' do: Liverpool central library...

I don't understand why we've never had an afternoon here before as a family.  The only reason I can think of is that it's the place where they go with my Dad.  When he has the kids every other Saturday afternoon for a few hours, like he has done for a good few years, they switch up between Liverpool Library, World Museum and the Walker Art Gallery.

I'd only set foot inside the library for a few minutes before this day.  Think I'd picked up a coffee at the Costa situated at the entrance.  But I'd not spent any further time inside.  

This day was one of those 'lull' days through the Christmas holiday when you have absolutely no idea what day it is.  In fact I think this may have actually fallen just into New Year - maybe the 3rd or 4th of January.  My Dad is on a long holiday until the end of next month and has been away since New Year.  So when we were thinking of places to go together as a family, and I won't lie - trying to avoid costly entry fees and overpriced food, we finally decided on a trip to the Library and the Walker gallery.  The kids were happy as they know the places well and they also got excited that they could show us what they usually get up to on a weekend.

The Library is great.  I love libraries anyway.  I'm one of those people who loves the smell of books.  That combined with soft whispers that go hand in hand with library etiquette and the option to actually enjoy a coffee too...?  Winner!   We only ventured into the kids area, which is pretty big.  Plenty of activities for all ages; colouring in, obviously plenty of books, computers for the older ones to study and research on.  All in all - it's a wonderful way to spend a few hours of family time and that is what we did.  

And so here are a few images that accompany our afternoon.

Thanks for looking ~ Fleur x



(As always, click into the images for better quality viewing...  Thanks!)












Studio: 7 Park Avenue, Wallasey, Wirral CH44 9DZ. 





No comments:

Post a Comment