Monday 18 September 2017

What the Davies' do: The desk of an eight year old at dusk...

I'll admit - this is probably the most boring blog post to most people.  But not to me.  Do you ever look through old photo albums, view old home videos - even if it was only from a year ago?  Or do you check your 'time hop', 'on this day' or memories on social media...?  I do.  I do it a lot.  And I always marvel at the amount of times I think, ahhh, yeah - I forgot about when they said that, or wore  that outfit, or were obsessed with...

Well that is what this blog is about.  A moment.  A tiny space in time when my eight year old loved Hubba Bubba and her blusher and garish eyeshadow palate.  Now I'm sure in years to come she might still love these things.  And I don't mind her experimenting with make up - I know she's eight, but there's nothing wrong with her having fun with it.  It not like she contours for school or anything.  But actually she has quite a talent, even at her tender age, for being able to apply these colours with skill and enjoys watching YouTube with me to copy tutorials and takes time practicing with this make up and some face paints too.  

So for me (and her) this documentation might be the first glimpse into a real interest, hobby or even work as an artist of our future.  I might look back at these images in 25 years while my daughter accepts an Academy award for Best Makeup and say "Look, this is where it all started..." - OK, maybe I'm exaggerating, but you never know...  Ha!

Thanks for reading peeps.

x Fleur x 













No comments:

Post a Comment