Tuesday 5 September 2017

In the garden with the Wildman family... memories of summer.

It seems that we've hit September and autumn has settled itself right in weather wise.  Now, I'm not one to moan - I love autumn; the colours of the leaves, the smells of spiced foods and drinks, the tv dramas set to air in the darker evenings.  And my birthday is the end of September too - so what's not to love?... Ahh....

But,  I do spend a little while - maybe a couple of weeks or so once the cooler weather arrives, to mourn the summer.  As I fold away our t shirts and shorts, our dresses and sandals, I think about how much I'll miss days spent in the garden, afternoons at the park and evenings at the beach in the warm air.   What is wonderful though is that I document so much in the summer - all our days out and family time in the sunshine.  And I have also been blessed this year to document other families too.  The Wildman family being one of them.

It has generally been a warm summer with a few odd showers here and there in August.  One of those months were you wake up to cool, and sometimes damp breezes, to arrive at lunchtime with the sun cracking the flags and you're getting desperate for an ice cream.  The day I visited the Wildman home was just like that.  The evening prior had been wet and windy.  The rain didn't really go off until the early hours on the day of our session together.  And fortunately for us the contrary weather last month was on our side.  I arrived mid morning to a sun filled back garden and I was invited to document the fun the family had together.  Watering the plants and flowers.  Visiting the playhouse.  Watching the bees collect pollen and running and jumping together.  Altogether a wonderful time spent preserving a little bit of summer for a lovely, fun loving family.

Here are a few of my favourites from their session.

Thanks for looking ~ Fleur x 



(as always, click into the images for higher quality viewing.)















No comments:

Post a Comment