Saturday 29 July 2017

What the Davies' do: Embrace the moments that mean more.

I'm catching up on a lot of personal editing this week.  I've backlogged a lot of days recently.  I have snapped away and forgotten about images.  Even though these photos were only a few weeks ago I had forgotten I'd even taken them.  It was only as I was getting around to archiving my monthly files as I do by routine that I remembered this evening down on the prom.  An evening that was intensely bright, the sun still so very high in the sky.  Basically a bit of a nightmare light situation, so maybe that's why the following images were abandoned at first take...

I opened these last night and realised I had edited a couple to share, but I went ahead and quickly did the rest too.  Sure, the shadows are awful but the content of the images isn't - not to me anyway.  I can look beyond the unfortunate light and see the connection and love between my 3 kids.  Any parent will know - even the ones who say their kids get on OK mostly - that having actual recorded evidence of them playing together and having fun is worth it's weight in gold.   I know I am far too quick to cliche their daily fallouts and hourly digs at one another as 'usual sibling behaviour', so images of them getting along can be as bad as they want as long as I've got them. 

This was Father's Day.  We'd had a lovely family BBQ earlier on and because the weather was still so lovely we headed down to the prom for a little drink looking out across the river.  The area was filled with likeminded families and as I sipped my grape juice (mine might've been of Sauvignon variety) I watched my 3 lovelies jump and skip around - taking their own photos and recording slow motion videos on my eldest daughter's phone.

They had so much fun - no arguments, no fighting, no teasing.  It lasted for at least 20 minutes.  Amazing!

Here you go.

Thanks for reading peeps.  Best wishes,

x Fleur x 

(as always, click into the images for better quality viewing - thanks!)

















My husband also took some photos of what was important to him too....  ;)







No comments:

Post a Comment