Monday 18 January 2016

Before and After.... at the beach.

Before and After...

I thought I'd lost this shot. It was dusk and the kids were running along the rocks at the beach and I was concentrating on working on some silhouette shots with the fast moving pastel clouds... Miles stopped right in front of me (I assure you - him being still doesn't happen often!) and my shutter was still fairly quick - quicker than it needed for a stationary little lad with such little light.
He calmly stood, just for a few moments and breathed the salty evening air deeply into his lungs. His face was a picture (pardon the pun) and I hoped that I could salvage what I'd got in my camera.
I checked the files a few days later when I moved them over to my workspace and was a bit deflated. It was underexposed, dark and grainy and I thought that it would just stay as a cutting room floor file. But I persevered this afternoon and AM I PLEASED THAT I DID?! By no means technically perfect - not at all... The colours are enhanced, I've played about as my artistic license will allow ;) But it's my boy - being himself - loving life and taking in the moment. And I'll take that. And I'll print it now too. <3




Thanks for looking ~ Fleur x
www.fleurlouisephotography.co.uk






1 comment:

  1. ��������������

    ReplyDelete