Tuesday 5 January 2016

Treetops and skies - The part of Winter that I love...

Why don't I do this more often?

I walked one dusky winter afternoon with my family around our local park.  The kids had their scooters and my hubs was in charge of our dogs.  I was coming to the end of my 365 photo project, so obviously had my camera with me - eager to capture as much of our walk as I could...  As we meandered (term used loosely when navigating scootering children and inquisitive dogs around a duck filled lake...) along the paths, I noticed how beautiful the sky was looking.

I had to begin with been occupied with documenting the movements of my children.  But as they scootered further and more swiftly and the dogs keenly 'walked my husband' briskly on, I stopped. 

The sun was coming down quickly and the trees sparse branches looked black against the burnt orange and dusky blue.  On one side of me and my camera the clouds were whipped up and to the other the sky was a pale grey.  I marvelled at how amazing and varied the atmosphere above looked depending on where I chose to place my camera's framing.

Throughout the summer months these trees would be filled with leaves and the view would be quite different.   Where the sun was glowing, creating silhouettes of the pitch-like branches, would not be visible - only now in the midmost of winter could the sky look like this.

So I stayed.  And I shot.  And I am in love with the result.  I really should do this more often.





















Thanks for looking ~ Fleur x

www.fleurlouisephotography.co.uk




No comments:

Post a Comment