Friday 18 August 2017

And when they're famous, I'll have ALL the (embarrassing) photos...

Have I ever blogged about the avenue I live in?  I feel like I have, but I'm not sure.  I think I've made Facebook albums and such about the antics we all get up to; water fights, barbecues, family days, evening drinks, day drinks, and all the other general goings on in our small, friendly avenue of 8 homes.

Over the years our children have grown - they mostly attend the same schools and spend after school evenings, weekends and school holiday doing as children should; getting outside in the fresh air, playing tag, chalk drawing the pavements and generally having a pretty fun childhood with a group of great kids.

In this gaggle of around 10-12 kidlings we have a fab foursome who have their hearts set on a career as the next big girl group!  They are 'Girls Next Door', and you guessed it - they're the neighbours at number 5 and 7 of our avenue.  Two of which are my own daughters.

Lilli, Poppi, Macy and Layla make up this gorgeous group and spend a lot of their time rehearsing songs and writing lyrics in their bedrooms.   They have made their debut performance already at our annual summer BBQ and they were amazingly confident and well rehearsed.  No doubt we'll be treated to many more concerts in the future!

On a warm evening at the end of June the girls were doing as they usually would.  I was working on something in the studio and they all popped in to say hello.  Before I knew it they had me clicking away at them as a group.  They didn't know they were actually helping me get used to the dimensions I have to work with in my studio and finding the best focal lengths for the space, but we had a blast.  They directed themselves on how to sit, what facial expressions to use and how they would like their portraits to look for their Instagram account!  It was hilariously good fun.

There were far more images than the ones included here in their blog and the girls were thrilled when I sent them all to them.  What was a fun half hour to them really helped me start to see the potential of my studio space.

So here you go...  Thanks for looking.

x Fleur x 


(as always, better quality version can be viewed by clicking into the images...)















No comments:

Post a Comment