Wednesday 24 September 2014

Straight Out Of Camera and Processed/Edited....

I'm not sure I know anyone who doesn't edit their photos.  Whether its popping on a sneaky filter before an Instagram post or cropping out something unwanted from the frame...  I'm in the process of learning as much as I can about Photoshop CC.  I know the basics, but there is tons to learn.

I take my images in RAW format so that the clarity and definition is there, which helps.  And I can make certain manipulations within Photoshop to tweak my images.  I have learnt so far though how important it is to get the shot 'in camera'.  It makes tweaking much less work and means that I'm hopefully going to get the image results I hope for when I'm looking through my viewfinder.

Because I'm constantly photographing and editing, I rarely look back and compare my SOOC shots with their Processed final edits.  So that's what I've decided to do here with some of my recent work.  It has been on my mind as a blog entry since speaking to a member of my family who was complimenting me on my processing skills, particularly how I am able to create a blur effect on certain parts of the image and leave the important parts in focus....  That was great to hear, but I don't currently know how to do that in Photoshop (see... tons to learn!), I'm happy to say that I do that 'in camera'.

I love the following images.  I hope you enjoy them too.  I also hope that you can see that I don't often do too much editing.  Just a bit of 'tweaking'.

SOOC

I now think I prefer the SOOC version of this shot in comparison....  The colour pops more.  However I chose B&W purely because I was editing all of our recent holiday photos as B&Ws.  As you can see.  I got the focus points set 'in camera'.

SOOC

Looking at this you can probably tell what I've done.... I straightened it up slightly so that the lines fell better within the final image.  I also upped the saturation to the centre of the image and brightened it so that is where your eye is drawn.  My final tweak was to add a slight vinaigrette to the bottom edges, again to draw focus up to my Hubs and Son. 

SOOC


Not much tweaking here... A tiny crop and then a brightening to a more natural skin tone.  Love my mini make-up assistant!


SOOC

Only cropped...

SOOC

Love this photo...  I found the background and highlights too distracting on the SOOC shot, so I went to good ol' B&W for drama (the expression is brilliant!), made a tad darker and added a touch of vinaigrette again just to draw the eye to where I want it.

SOOC

Not a lot changed here.... Only the colour.  I just made it warmer and more homely.



Thanks for looking ~ Fleur x









No comments:

Post a Comment